Now I know most of you probably don’t think about buying fashion on Amazon. Honestly, it can be pretty tricky to find the right fit and quality, so I have come up with some helpful tips on what to look for when buying clothes on Amazon.
I have been selling on Amazon for two years now and this is what I do for a full-time job. I understand Amazon has issues with counterfeits. I know most of us have probably bought something from Amazon that may have been misleading, however, I am here to help you. I am here to show you what to look out for before purchasing an item.
What I love about Amazon is that they have hundreds of thousands of sellers. You’ll always find what you are looking for here. If you are unsatisfied in anyway, you can return it. Amazon has two-day shipping and depending on where you live, you could get same-day shipping!
What you might not have known is Amazon has over 50 of its own private label fashion brands. They also sell hundreds of big name brands, including Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Stuart Weitzman, Gucci, Kate Spade, Theory and Adidas are just to name a few. I don’t think we should cut out Amazon when thinking of buying clothes. Read below for my tips for buying clothes off Amazon.
7 Tips for Buying Clothes On Amazon:
- Know what to search for and where to search it. There are millions of sellers on Amazon so do your best to filter down and search for key pieces. First, go to amazon.com/fashion and either pick a category like “Women” or search for a particular item. For example, Gingham Blouse
- Use side filters. Only consider buying items that are Prime (2-day delivery) and 4+ Star Rating. I also recommend using the Price filter so it’s within your budget. You can also filter down to Newest Arrivals, Top Brands, Top Sellers, etc.
- The number of reviews. This one is important. I know it can be hard to find clothing and accessories with over 100 reviews. If it were any other product, I would only consider buying it if it had hundreds if not thousands of positive reviews. For clothing and accessories, look for items with the most positive reviews.
- Read reviews. Only consider buying if the reviews are positive. Look for customer photos, which can show you what you can expect to be getting once it arrives. Look for reviews that talk about sizing. Many reviewers on Amazon can tell you if an item fits true to size, runs big or runs small.
- Price is right. If you see an item that is $7 and hasn’t been marked down, do not buy it. Buy items at the price you think they would be sold at when going to a regular retailer.
- Keep a list of brands’ you know are trustworthy. Just like you have favorite stores at a mall, learn who your favorite brands are on Amazon.
- Shop Amazon’s own private label brands. I know Amazon’s private label brands along with popular brands (Calvin Klein, Gucci, etc) are brands I can trust more so than a brand I have not heard of.
I hope these tips help. I personally love shopping on Amazon. Everything I bought I haven’t had any real issues with. I think it’s very exciting how many private-label brands Amazon has today. It’s definitely a smart move for them and important to keep them in mind when looking for your next dress, shoes or handbag.
Do you buy clothes & accessories on Amazon? If so, let me know your favorite brands are on Amazon? Feel free to reach out with questions you may have. Id’ love to hear from you!